In 2019, I will be relocating Auricula Jewellery from the Ditchling premises to my home in central Lewes, East Sussex. As part of the new set-up, I will be launching ‘Natasha’s Jewellery Classes’! These will be fun and informal workshops; small groups sitting around my dining table in a lovely light-filled room with views across the Lewes townscape. The sessions will start with an introduction to the technique, followed by a lot of practice and then we will go on to complete a project. The pearl-stringing workshop will cover the following:
- Pearls – types of pearl and what to consider when stringing.
- Tools and materials required.
- Calculating thread thickness, needle size and length of thread.
- The knotting technique.
- How to professionally finish the piece.
- Stringing of a freshwater pearl bracelet with a sterling silver clasp.
Included in the £60 price of the course will be all the materials needed to make one freshwater pearl bracelet with a sterling silver clasp. Also, an endless supply of hot drinks and delicious biscuits. What better way can you think of to spend a Wednesday in January than learning a new skill and creating something beautiful to wear?
For more information and to book a place please e-mail Natasha through the contact page on this website or call 07801 825 476.